WORK HARD PLAY HARD. That's the motto I like to live by. Why limit yourself when you can have the best of both worlds?
The last few months have been a very interesting journey and I'm so happy to have come so far. For the last 3 months, I participated in a intense fitness challenge to kick my ass back into shape. I’m talking about group classes for interval training with weights 4-5 times a week, plus a pretty restrictive diet. Still have a ways to go, but I accomplished so much during that time. Made new friends, lost a bunch of weight, and I am now a member of a new gym. In doing all of this, I haven't had as much of an opportunity to adventure, but spring is in full swing, and it's time to get out in the world. But, bitch I can have my cake and eat it too. :)
It can be so hard to get out of a rut, but once you build up momentum, nothing can stop you. Except yourself. Don't let that shit happen. Don't let the world get you down. The only thing holding you back is you. Be stronger. Be better. Do better. Be kind, especially to yourself. That's something I struggle with on a daily basis. I am my own worst enemy. Just like a moth drawn to the flame. But I will fight and I will do great things, even if those things don't align with your ideas. Be unabashedly you, and stay curious y’all.
It's almost summer time. Ya know what that means? Bonfires, pool days, too much beer, camping, and adventures. However, working that 9-5 grind always puts a damper in my summer air. Ya heard? Here's my list of ways to stay sane while working that 40 hour work week. What's your favorite?
1. Spend at least 30 minutes a day outside and soak up the sun. I am one of those humans where my mood is highly affected by the weather. Get your vitamin D on.
2. Let loose. It's okay to totally throw your diet for a day. Life isn't fun if you can’t splurge sometimes. Or a lot of the time. As long as you know that it's all about that moderation.
3. AT LEAST once a month, push yourself out of your comfort zone. Try something new. Go on a weekend trip, try a new restaurant, and talk to that stranger you would normally be too shy to talk to.
4. Nature is your friend. I know it's hot. But get off your phone and spend some time getting back in touch with the natural world.
5. Write yourself motivating messages on sticky notes and put them on your mirror in your bathroom or on your fridge at home. i.e. hustle harder, do epic shit, love yoself.
6. Make time for friends old and new. Everyone these days likes to be so self-involved. Go out of your way to be there for someone, or do a random act of kindness for someone you've never met.
7. Stay active. Go on that bike ride even though you’re going to sweat through all your clothes. Don't be afraid to sweat. It's natural and it smells, but who gives a fuck?
8. Set a new goal and keep yourself accountable. Even better, tell friends and family. Post it to social media. That way you have more people counting on you to accomplish it.
9. Go on a holiday. As American's we don't not get nearly enough time off to spend with friends/family or time to see the world. Don't trick yourself into thinking that you can't afford it or that you will just stay at home on your days off. Go somewhere. Do something.
10. Treat yoself. Don't overthink it or beat yourself up over it. Be kind to yourself. After all, it's the little things in life that matter most.